Thursday, December 19, 2013

That Awkward Moment

Brandon has had quite the adventure teaching seminary this semester and I have loved supporting him in it. I went to class with him today to say goodbye to all the students and ended up having a little adventure of my own that I had, up until that point, successfully avoided like the plague.


I went to the bathroom during a break in between classes and everything was perfectly fine until I tried to unlock my stall door. *Clink*...awkward pause...*clink clink* the handle wouldn't turn! I summoned my superhuman strength and tried to push the lever both ways but to no avail. I thought to myself, "Dang it, I wish I had brought my phone with me. Wait. Why? So Brandon can come in the girl's restroom and help you from the side of the door with no handle?!? Genius." I tried the handle again, jiggling it a little, hoping it would give and I would get to leave the bathroom with my dignity still in tact.

Unfortunately, not. I had to pull a middle school prankster move and slip out under the stall door. In a dress.

I can definitely say I have a new found appreciation for all those times I encountered locked-but-empty stalls at school. The way I look at it, at least the bathroom was empty!

No comments:

Post a Comment